Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Monthly Favorites !

Hello all of you beautiful people ! How have y'all been ?! Today I'm off *hip hip hooooray* and felt like having a chat with all of you.  I figured I would do a few of my monthly favorites because, well, I haven't done one of these in quite a while ! As I was doing my makeup yesterday I was thinking how much I am in love with pretty much all of my products that I am currently using... so why not share them with everyone ?!  Let's jump right into it because it's kinda sort of a lot.. So go grab a snack & a drink and get comfy. Ha Ha Ha !

First things first.. I'm not sure if I have ever stressed how much of a freak I am about skincare and taking care of your skin.  I've always been the type to never go to sleep with my makeup on no matter how late I get in, but in the past year I've taken it up a notch, or twelve.  I am obsesseeedddd with learning about eye creams, face oils, anti-aging anything, face mask, face scrubs, what's good for your skin, what damages it, etc. etc.  I am trying to prevent wrinkles and signs of aging, yes I know it's going to happen no matter what BUT I can prevent prevent prevent.. and when the time comes, Huntie I will be botox-ing my life up.. so until that day comes I will do whatever I can to help my skin look and feel ahhhmazing.  Also one big up, is that when you take care of your skin from the inside out not only will you look so healthy and have a radiant glow about you, but also it'll make your makeup look, blend, and feel flawlesssss ! I have noticed a HUGE difference in the way my skin feels and looks with and without makeup on.

  • The first thing I do when I'm taking my makeup off at night is my eye makeup. I have tried countless drugstore waterproof eye makeup remover and they're all terrible to say the least.  They sting my eyes out and make me go blind for 5-10 minutes and then they don't even get off my mascara after all of the pain.. totally not worth it.  This eye makeup remover (hey, how many time can I say eye makeup in a minute Ha Ha Ha!) is such a breeze ! It is a nice consistency, not too oily but not too watery, it doesn't make me temporarily blind, AND it does its job.  Winning all across the board.  The second thing I do is take my makeup remover wipes and take off the majority of my face makeup.. I use the Nuetrogena original wipes and love them.. I just forgot to include them in the picture.  They don't make my face red and irritated and they also make my face super soft while taking all of my makeup off.
  • Next I cleanse my face, but honestly I'm not really impressed with my current cleanser which is why it's not pictured.  It does the job but it's nothing great and after I use it up I won't repurchase it.  After my face is dried I spray my *holly grail* Mario Badescu facial spray, this does wonders not to mention it's multi-functional (I may or may have not just made that word up) It is such a good pick me up throughout the day, it refreshes and re-hydrates your skin even when you have makeup on.  At night it helps calm the redness in my skin down a bunch ! I also use it when I'm applying eye shadow if it won't cling to the brush.. spray some of this bad boy on it there ya go ! It's also suppperrrr affordable, it retails for $7 at Ulta !  
  • When that dries I put about 5-7 drops of my Josie Maran Argan Oil and press it into my skin.  This is also something that I will never ever be able to go without again.  You can NOT lose with this stuff ! If you're more to the dry side, this will tremendously improve your skins moisture state and give you such a healthy glow.  But if you're oily, it'll also help because oil cuts oil (don't believe me? I dare YOU to oil ;])  I have the travel size and have repurchased it three times thus far.. I need to just break down and get the normal size one.  Give this a go because I promise you that your skin will forever be changed, for the better !
  • This Fresh eye cream is a God sent, no lie.  It is really creamy and dreamy to put all around your eyes.  I am only 20 (about to be 21) years young so I don't have too many lines that need crazy improvement but I did have a few under my eyes and sometimes my concealer would  crease and make me look as if I was 500.. totally not a good look.. for anyone.  This doesn't happen anymore because of this bad boy ! It is a bit pricey but I truly believe that if you should invest in anything it should be skincare, even more so in an eye cream because, hello, eyes are the first signs of aging ! 
  • This Nude moisturizer is so luxurious feeling ! It really gets into my skin and hydrates from the inside out ! I will deff be re buying him after I run out..and he's anti aging.. what's not to love ?! 
  • The last thing I do on a nightly basis is my Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to die for TURBO night serum.  I will also not go without this product, ever.  I have noticed such a big difference in my lashes in the past few weeks.  They were getting so brittle and thin the past year, I think because I have been wearing lashes anytime I go to work or out.  But for the first time in two months I actually wore just mascara and was so happy with the way they looked.  I actually got several compliments on my lashes at work that day which always makes you feel lovely. It's also not too pricey comparing to other brands !  
  • The last skincare product I wanna tell y'all about is something I've been really enjoying this past month  and a half, I'm not sure it's a staple or holly grail product yet but it is quite nice for an even nicer price ! I do this about once a week after I use my clarisonic I put this bad boy on and 20 minutes later my pores are squeaky clean !  It's only $23 for a very generous amount.  Okay, so we're done with skincare monthly favorites *thank the Lort* 


These next two products blend together beautifully.  The POREfessional gives my skin a smooth slate for my foundation (or CC Cream for those days that I don't feel like getting all dolled up) to come right over and give me that flawless canvas.  The only complaint that I have for the POREfessional is that it is a little drying around my nose area, but besides that it's really great to have.  The next thing is my holy grail foundation.. I  swear by this stuff ! I will forever purchase this.. I have tried experiment with other full coverage foundations but none of them even come close to comparing to what this does for me ! It gives me the most flawless, airbrush, glowy finish. It lasts allllll day, doesn't clog your pores, doesn't come off on your phone or clothes, is full coverage but feels so lightweight, blends beautifully.. need I keep going ?! I apply this will my Beauty Blender.. those two are quite the pair ! Not to mention the packaging is classic.  I want any and everyone to try this foundation because that's how amazing it is ! Also it works for all skin types.. I'm dry even more so now that it's winter time but everyone else I know that I've suckered into buying it has oily skin, and they swear by it as well. I will never try to find something else bc this is the bee's knees !


 This palette beats out almost any other palette to me. It's so pigmented and blendable you only need the tiniest amount.. it's literally lasted me ages !  You can deff tell the colors I always use haha.  It has plenty of shades/finishes to chose from.. you can literally create whatever look with this amazing palette.  It's also reasonably priced in my opinion ! I won't let my personal makeup or my makeup kit go without it !






For my last monthly favorite that I'm going to mention.  I have been on the hunt for a nice, subtle, natural highlighter for my cheekbones, nose, and lips.  One of my fellow cast members at Sephora, Renee', showed me this one by Laura Mercier and I had to buy it that day because I immediately fell in love with it ! It's so blendable and has the prettiest finish ! It's not loud like a lot of the other highlighters I had been looking into.. I am so happy she showed me this ! It is so lovely to have when doing my makeup.  I can layer it if I want a more intense look and it won't look cakey or I can put the smallest amount and it's still noticeable.  It gives the nicest glow to anyone's face ! If you're in the market for a highlighter I deff would suggest this one !


Well that's it for my January favorites of the month ! I know it was a lot but I have done a blog post in ages ! Hope y'all enjoyed & helped ya out if you're looking to buy any of the products I mentioned :)  Have a wonderful day, week, month ! You're the best and thanks for the support ! :) XOXOXOXOXO

No comments: