Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rediscovery of Tarte's Foundation

    Hello you lovely people ! Sorry this blog post is a little late, I had something come up yesterday and wasn't able to finish it.  But I wanted to tell y'all about this product that I have had for ages but forgot about it & when I was moving into my new makeup/filming/blogging room I found it.  It's the Tarte Amazonian clay 12-Hour full coverage foundation (say that fast 5 times)  When I originally got this product and tried it out I just remembered I hated it.. now I can 't remember why but I just did.  I was feeling adventurous and decided to give this little lad another chance.  A few things this foundation claims is that it is 1) longwear makeup 2) oil free makeup & 3) waterproof makeup.  My version of longwear is 8 hours & so far it's held up to it's claim.  I haven't went swimming with a full face of makeup on recently (or ever) so I can't confirm or deny if this is true or if it's lies.  The only thing that I don't agree with is that it is a full coverage foundation.  The consistency is more like a thicker tinted moisturizer.  Which I am not complaining because I do love me some everyday type of foundations.  It gives me such a pretty finish and takes away all of the imperfections and you guessed it.. my redness ! It's so light that it almost looks as if I'm  not wearing anything.  I would recommend this foundation for a school or work (everyday) type foundation but certainly not a flawless full coverage (special occasion) foundation.  Now for the part that is a deal breaker for many.. the price.  It is listed for $38.  I know that is a little pricey for some people but I will say a little goes a long way.  Also other foundations that I've tried out that says light to medium coverage for an everyday foundation sucked to be honest.  They would come off around my mouth and chin area after a few hours and make a sista look ratchet and as if I forgot to apply makeup to a spot (or 10) on my face aka we can't have that !  I've worn this all day and I've eaten lunch, ran (okay I ran errands, but still it was hot and I may or may not have broken a sweat whilst doing so), and I always have my hands on my face it's a terrible habit I know.. sue me *hair flips* but the good news is, it's still in place ! Hand clap & pat on the back for Tarte !  Overall I really do love this product for a quick and easy foundation so you don't scare your classmates or coworkers when you arrive, or if you prefer the death look then more power to ya, you're braver than I !  I'll put a link for it at the bottom of this post.  What would y'all like to see next ?  My top drugstore foundations or drugstore makeup in general, new makeup room tour, my fave makeup brushes, or an updated review on my Lush products?  Comment below and let me know ! And if it won't let you comment on this blog post please please let me know so I can try to see what's up with it.  Also don't forget to follow me and become a member of my blog ! It'll only take 5 seconds and it helps me out a lot ! I'll be doing a giveaway when I reach 250 members/followes ! Who doesn't love free beauty products ?! You can also subscribe to my blog (all links are to the right of my blog) and be alerted when a new blog post goes up ! Thanks so much ! XOXO



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post!!

RetroStreetStation said...

Very informative! Thanks for sharing :)

Maybe we can follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin, if you want? Let me know :)

Kisses,
Maria
http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/