Sunday, September 8, 2013

August Favorites !

Hey you lovely people ! I know I'm behind (eight days to be exact) but better late than never, right ?! Let's jump right in & get started, shall we?
Foundations 

   My first baby I cannot rave enough about ! I've had it for about 6 months now and I love it just as much (if not more) than when I first discovered it.  Without further ado... Lacome Teint Idole Ulta 24H.  This little baby gives you  flawlessss skin without looking cakey and falling into fine lines/wrinkles. Covers up redness, blemishes, pores, and any other imperfection just vanishes.  I've always tried to love Mac foundations but I just can't bring myself to it.  I was always left with patchy areas and it almost flaked off during the day. This gives you the full coverage without it crumbling to pooh during the day.  It's also transfer free, which means, you can change clothes, talk on the phone, roll around in a mud hole and it won't come off (okay maybe not the last one). So I know you're probably thinking, 'Gee this will probably clog my pores if I can roll around in a mud hole and it still won't come off!' But that's where you're wrong ! It doesn't clog your pores.. I have no idea how it can do so many different things & still work for all skin types but the only thing I can think is that you really do get what you pay for with certain products. This is on the pricey side but all you need is a pump-two pumps and you're set.  It has SPF in it so you don't need sunscreen either.. all in one ;) gotta keep protected from those blasted UV Rays ! Sun spots are not a good look for anyone. I know people that use it and love it that have oily skin, dry skin, normal skin, and everywhere in between ! Please go give it a go ! You won't regret it, promise :)










 My second little bad boy has most of
the same qualities as the Lancome does but at a much cheaper price.  Introducing Mr. Revlon Colorstay.  This guy has the same flawless effect as the Lancome.  The only downfall is it rubs off on clothes or your phone easily. (No rolling around in the mud hole with this!)  It says that it has 24 hour staying power & I have never tested that statement out but I do believe it.  When I take my makeup off (I usually wear it for no more than 7 hours)  I have to wash my face a good 3-4 times for it to come off.  If you don't want to spend the money to get the Lancome just yet, then I would suggest this to ya!

Eyes


 Mac's paint pot in Painterly is something I use on an everyday basis for when I'm doing anything from a simple eye look to make the eyes look more awake/brighter, to when I'm doing a dramatic smokey eye.  This is the best eyeshadow primer ever ! I have really greasy eyelids (you're jealous I know !) which causes my eye shadows to crease/run throughout the day.  Not with this primer/base ! The eye shadows not only stay put through any kind of weather but also it makes the color pop so much more because it neutralizes your eye lids.  If you have vainy eyelids this will make them all one color.  They do have different shades and this one was the most natural one to my skin color.  The next time you're in need of a base/primer go to Mac and pick this up :)



I'll admit, when it comes to mascara I'm really fussy because eyelashes are my pride and joy.  To me they can make you look more awake, your eyes look bigger, and really complete your face.  And when people have spider legs or clumpy eyelashes I can't deal.  I actually have used my trusty dusty Benefits They're Real mascara religiously until my mom came home with the new(er) Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast.  I actually watched a review on this and the girl was saying how much she hated it so I was prepared for it to suck.  But to my surprise it has now replaced my Benefit mascara and it's a lot cheaper ! The wand it curved which I love and it has a lot of tiny little bristles sticking out of the wand to get every lash.  It gets them alright, and makes them look flawless ! It also come off like a dream.  I think everyone needs this in their makeup kit.  I've had it for a few months and still love it :)



I don't do my makeup everyday but when I will do it I don't always want a dramatic eye.  I also feel that when you don't have anything on my eyes I look naked.  No pun intended but this next product is actually the Naked Basics Urban Decay Palette.  I use this every time I do my makeup, if not for eyeshadow then I'll use it as a highlighter.  It has the perfect colors to make a natural looking eye.  The shadows are so pigmented a little goes a long way.  The highlighter Venus, I can't get enough of it.. it's like angels made it.  

   Concealer

   I'm sure you're probably tired of me stating the fact that I have redness in my skin, but I do therefore I always tend to buy products to help reduce the redness.  One day I decided to go to Ulta without a list or anything (dangerous, very dangerous) as I was walking around singing in my head 'you can have whatever you like' by T.I. I came across this nifty NYX product.  It is a concealer that's green.  Apparently green cancels out red, so you already know I had to get it and test it out.  I now can't do my makeup without it.  I will re buy it until the end.  I have tried Smashbox's green primer and I felt like it did nothing.. something about this consistency has much better coverage.  It took me a few tries to get used to it because the first time I used it, I went concealer crazy and the green was so much I looked as if I had bruises on my cheeks. Which was exactly the look I was going for ! But after figuring out the right amount to apply, it is now deff a holy grail product ! If you have any redness you'd like to cover up or if you're going for the 'I spent last night with Chris Brown and made him mad' look, then this product is perfect for you !


Bronzer

   Naturally I am really pale (paler than frosty the friendly snowman to be exact) but self tanners are also my BFF during the hot months.  With that being said I needed a bronzer that would look good with my pale skin and my darker skin.  I tried a few different ones and they either looked great with pale skin and barely noticeable with darker skin or orange with pale skin and perfect for darker skin.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and pay the price for NARS Laguna Bronzer and boy am I glad I did ! It literally looks perfect with white me and dark me.  It never looks muddy and it's perfect for a contour and bronzer.  It's matte but with a tiny tiny bit of shimmer.  This stuff is amazing and so versatile which comes in handy because I can use it all of the time not just when I'm pale or tan.  If you too are a on again off again self tanner I would suggest this bronzer to you !

Brushes

        This past month I've used my Flat Top Kabuki brush (F80) by Sigma.  I got it in my Synthetic Essentials kit, and I use this brush the most out of all of my other brushes.  Since it is synthetic less products gets sucks up into the bristles than in an animal or human hair brush.  With that being said it is also cruelty free.. YAY ! It is so soft and heavenly.. it's like putting your makeup on with butter if that's possible.

    The next brush I have used every time I do my makeup this month is my Sephora Pro Flawless airbrush brush (56)  I got this originally for foundation but I wasn't a huge fan of it because it left brush marks in my makeup which is a hustle to deal with.  So it's been sitting in my brush container for months without being touched.  Then one day I decided I wanted to try and use it as my contour brush and I'm glad I did because it is perfect for that ! It can get in the hollows of my cheekbones and my forehead perfectly.  It's soft and all that good stuff too but even if it was like applying bronzer with sandpaper I would still use it because it's that perfect.  It applys it in just the right area without looking like it's too much.

Songs & Apps

   This month I have been listening to Ellie Goulding's newest release Halcyon Days.. my favorites from this album has to be How Long... I literally listen to it for HOURS on repeat.. I'm in love with it.  Also her song Burn is a fun, catchy tune.  Luke Bryan's album is just what I had anticipated it would be.. worth the wait ! Play It Again has been on repeat for hours on end as well.  Love his new album.  Let's Get It On (James Arthur version) I can't get enough of it.. his voice is so raspy and so so lovely & he's easy on the eyes.. if you don't know who he is, look him up ! You deff won't regret it ;)


   This will come to no surprise to anyone that knows me but I am obsessed with Instagram.  I love love love it.  I have a love hate relationship with Twitter.  I will get on it for a long time then I won't touch it for days. This month has been a lovin' kinda relationship.. been tweetin' my little heart out.

Let's be pals ! Follow me :) 

Food & Drinks
   Once again anyone that spends a week with me will know that I could eat Canes and Chick Fil A for breakfast lunch and dinner. Unfortunately I have never been one of those people that eats all the junk food in the world and still look like a model (damnit).  So on my cheat meals you can guarantee I'll be at one or the other.  Normal people probably go all out for their cheat meals and go to fancy restaurants and sometimes I do too but on the normal week just get me Canes or Chick Fil A and I'll be your best friend. If y'all don't have a Canes by your house, you need one (or maybe not bc you'll too be there all of the time) & their sweet tea is to die for.. literally the best in town ! I go there some days just to get a sweet tea, 'tis the best ! And their mascot is a yellow lab, how much cuter can you get ?! At Chick Fil A I always get either the chicken nuggets kids meal or the chicken sandwich fully dressed with American cheese & Chick Fil A sauce. They also have a delish breakfast burrito that I'll get if I go there for breakfast ! Talk about yummmmy ! My fave drink of the month is from Starbucks... grande chai latte with lite ice ! It's delish & not too bad for ya either :)  Only thing I hate is nearly $4 for a drink :l 




Thanks so much for reading up on my monthly favorites... I tried not to ramble for too long but sometimes I get carried away haha.  I hope that this will help you in deciding what products to get/not get next to try out.  Stay tuned for my next blog post ! Thanks again & love y'all !

No comments: